Hiring Salespeople? Ask yourself these five questions before extending an offer to a candidate:
1. Where does the candidate stand with respect to their sales experience?
- 0 to 3 years
- 3 to 5 years
- 5 to 7 years........ and so on
2. Is that the appropriate amount of experience for the position you're filling?
3. Of the following, where is the candidate strongest and weakest?
- Assessing needs
4. Is the candidate able to articulate what you and your organization need them to accomplish?
5. What motivates them?
Being able to answer these questions about a candidate leads to fewer surprises once they begin working for you.